Pariksha is committed to protecting the privacy of your personal information on our website(s) "www.pariksha.co"; (the “Website(s)”) and mobile application(s) "Pariksha" (the “Apps”) (the Website(s) and App(s) are collectively referred to as the “Platform”) and developing technology that gives you the most powerful, safe, and secure online experience.
1. Information that is gathered from visitors. In general, you can browse the Platform without telling us who you are or revealing any personal information about yourself.
Pariksha through the Platform explicitly asks when it needs information that personally identifies you ("Personal Information") pertinent to the specific product or service you are choosing to use or subscribe to on the Platform. This information can include (but may not be limited to) your e-mail address, name, gender, address, age, telephone number and education as applicable. Pariksha through the Platform also may ask for non-personal information or demographic information. None of the information we gather can be used by the third parties (visitors, other members, and anyone not employed by Pariksha, its corporate affiliates to identify a specific individual.
Your Personal Information is password protected, and any Personal Information you provide to the Platform is protected from unauthorized disclosure by reasonable technological measures. You should not divulge your password to anyone and in case of any leak or breach due to such divulsion, Pariksha shall not be held liable.
In common with other websites, the Platform’s log files are stored on secure web servers saving details such as the visitor's IP address, browser type, operating system, device, referring page and time of visit.
2. How the Information is used Your privacy is very important to us. We do not sell or rent your personal information to third parties not associated with Pariksha, its partners, sponsors, and affiliates.
Personal Information may be used for marketing and promotional communications by Pariksha, its partners, sponsors, affiliates, successors, and assigns. If you do not wish to receive marketing and promotional communications from us or our partners, sponsors, and affiliates, you can choose to opt-out by unsubscribing.
We periodically operate programs to collect and provide to educational institutions and coaching centers personally identifiable information about our members and other visitors to Platform who opt-in to this service. We generally have agreements with the educational institutions and coaching centers to which we provide the collected information under which they agree to use it only for the purpose of soliciting new applicants to their institutions and only in compliance with laws applicable to them, and to maintain the confidentiality of this information and disclose it only in accordance with their privacy policies generally applicable to their own applicants, but we cannot control and are not responsible for their actions. For more information about the privacy policies of these educational institutions and coaching centers, please visit their websites.
The information is used to enhance the visitor’s experience when using the website to display personalised content and possibly advertising.
E-mail may be sent to inform you of news of our services or offers by us or our affiliates.
3. Visitor Options. If you have subscribed to one of our services, you may unsubscribe by following the instructions which are included in e-mail that you receive.
You may be able to block cookies via your browser settings but this may prevent you from access to certain features of the Platform.
5. Distribution of Information. We may share information with governmental agencies or other companies assisting us in fraud prevention or investigation. We may do so when: (1) permitted or required by law; or, (2) trying to protect against or prevent actual or potential fraud or unauthorized transactions; or, (3) investigating fraud which has already taken place.
In the event we are required to respond to court orders or other legal process or for any tax authorities, your personal information may be disclosed pursuant to such court orders or legal process or tax authorities, which may be without notice to you. We may further disclose your personal information to such third parties to whom it transfers its rights and duties under any agreement entered into with such third parties and may also disclose your personal information to any of its affiliates or related entity.
6. Minors. Pariksha is a Platform only for those 18 years of age and up. No minors (under the age of 18) are permitted to use this Platform. We ask that no minors submit any personal information to us.
7. Commitment to Data Security. Pariksha uses procedural and technical safeguards to protect your personal information against loss or theft, as well as against unauthorized access or disclosure, to protect your privacy, including firewalls and encryption.
Your personally identifiable information is kept secure. Only authorized employees, agents and contractors, who have agreed to keep information secure and confidential, have access to this information. All emails and newsletters from this Platform allow you to opt-out of further mailings. Pariksha uses industry standard practices to safeguard the confidentiality of your personal identifiable information. Pariksha treats data as an asset that must be protected against loss and unauthorized access. We employ many different security techniques to protect such data from unauthorized access by members inside and the outside.
However, "perfect security" does not exist on the Internet.
The services provided by Pariksha and the Platform are not intended for use by any citizens, nationals or residents of any country other than India.
Processing of the Data. We, our affiliates or any third party or any third party (as may be applicable) service providers with whom we have entered into contractual arrangements may also process any personal and/or usage related information collected from you for legitimate commercial purposes including providing the services under the App. We implement appropriate technical and organizational measures to ensure a level of security appropriate to the risk of our processing of personal information such as (i) only sharing and providing access to personal information to the minimum extent necessary, subject to appropriate contractual restrictions including confidentiality restrictions where appropriate, and on an anonymized basis wherever possible; (ii) using secure servers to store personal information; (iii) verifying the identity of any individual who requests access to personal information prior to granting them access to such information; and (iv) using Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) software or other similar encryption technologies to encrypt any payment transactions you make on or via our App.
9. Referrals. When you e-mail a service available on the App to a friend, you and your friend's names and e-mail addresses are requested. This ensures that your friend will know that you have requested that we send them an e-mail. Your email and your friends’ e-mail addresses will only be used for this purpose unless permission is otherwise granted.
10. Retention. The information so collected shall be retained only for a limited duration necessary to fulfil the purposes outlined herein unless a longer retention period is required or permitted by law and only for the purposes defined above. Once the purpose is achieved, all personal information is deleted in a safe and secure mode. We have adopted reasonable security practices and procedures as required under applicable law and have included strategic, operational, managerial, technical and physical security and encrypted controls to safeguard and protect your data and information.
11. SECURITY OF INFORMATION
11.1 We have put in place appropriate methods and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure such personal information. We only process personal information in a way that is compatible with and relevant for the purpose for which it was collected or authorized by the user. [The App allows users access to their personal information and allows them to correct, amend or delete inaccurate information].
11.2 We use commercially reasonable precautions to preserve the integrity and security of your information against loss, theft, unauthorised access, disclosure, reproduction, use or amendment.
11.4 In using the Application, you accept the inherent security implications of data transmission over the internet. Therefore, the use of the Application will be at your own risk and the Company assumes no liability for any disclosure of information due to errors in transmission, unauthorised third party access or other acts of third parties, or acts or omissions beyond its reasonable control and you agree not to hold the Company responsible for any breach of security.
11.5 In the event the Company becomes aware of any breach of the security of your information, it will promptly notify you and take appropriate action to the best of its ability to remedy such a breach.
13. Liabilities. We shall not be liable for any indirect, incidental, consequential, special or exemplary damage(s) arising due to loss of data or use arising out of or in connection with your access or use of or inability to access or use the App including but not limited to any sub- domains.
We shall not be liable for any third-party products, software or service provided to you. You shall assume all risks arising out of or resulting from any transaction undertaken by you with such third party on the App and you agree that we shall not be responsible or liable for any loss to you due to your usage of such third-party application.
14. Queries and Complaints. We are committed to protect your personal information collected and processed by us and look forward to your continued support for the same. In case of any feedback or concern regarding protection of your personal information, or any privacy-related feedback or concerns you may contact firstname.lastname@example.org